Wednesday 25 June 2014

Matilda

I love musical theatre. Like, ridiculous amounts. I have more iPod playlists dedicated to musicals than anything else.

My exams finished on the 19th, and so on the 20th of June my Mum and I set off for the Cambridge theatre. I had heard a few songs from Matilda and heard amazing reviews so I was so so excited. The entire theatre is so beautiful, with the entire interior dedicated to building the atmosphere of a school and childhood.

It wasn't until we got to the door that my Mum revealed we were in a box. I was so excited- I've never been in one before and it made the evening even more special. Before we sat down, the usher told us that during the first act, actors would come into the box. I literally nearly had a heart attack when I heard that!

Our view was really good, we were slightly to the side but I wouldn't say it made much of a difference. The set is so beautiful with tiles of letters everywhere.

The songs in this musical are amazing, the child actors are so so talented it's unreal, and the plot itself is really good. However, I think my favourite thing is how interactive it is, with the actors running in the aisles frequently. Without giving too much away, the actors came into our box, and it was totally amazing to be that close to them and to really feel like part of the show.

 If you do get a chance to go, I would recommend the stalls and the box seats. I think you will have a much more enjoyable experience. I can't wait to go again!





No comments:

Post a Comment