Wednesday 10 December 2014

Winter haul



Being back in London has made me realise how much I've missed shopping. The combination of student budget plus a lack of shops means I've restrained myself, but today I hit the shops and brought a few things for winter.


First stop was Primark. Primark is a must go to in winter for jumpers, Christmas attire and leggings.

The first thing I picked up were these grey leggings and velvet lined leggings. I'm not sure how good the quality will be but they both look super warm and with all the cold weather we have predicted for us, I'm going to need these! 

Secondly- MY CHRISTMAS JUMPER!! This is a super pretty pink with white polka dots and a grey fuzzy squirrel with different textures and a real pom pom bobble. I can't wait to wear this in the lead up to Christmas and on Christmas day. 


This top
was an impulse buy, I figured I could wear it with the grey leggings. It's crotched with flowers and it is see through so vest tops will be worn underneath. However I thought it would be nice for either casual everyday wear or with leggings or a skirt for a night out.


(Sorry for the photo quality being crap)
Finally from Primark I got these adorable guinea pig gloves, which are fingerless which I find essential. They are really warm and really cute- and were only £2! Next is the purse with a fox pattern. I have asked my Mum for a new purse for Christmas that has enough space for all my cards and my money (or lack of it) but I spotted this and thought I would grab it. Finally I picked up some face masks. My skin is currently suffering, a combination of a foam party, cold weather and end of term stress has led to it being pretty gross so I feel like it needs a little TLC with a face mask. These are 90p in Primark which I think is a total bargain!


I popped into New Look and picked up this scarf for just under £10. A classic tartan print goes with anything and will never go out of style. It also looks great with a parka which is the coat I will be wearing for many winters. 

Finally I ran in Superdrug to pick up a new pressed powder as my Rimmel Stay Matte powder came to a sticky end under one of my guy friend's heavy feet on a night out. I picked up MUA pressed powder in shade one as it was only a £1. I've never tried any MUA products so I'll be interested to see if their low prices mean low quality. 
Next I headed to the Barry M stand to restock on my favourite foundation, the Flawless Matte Finish in shade one "Ivory". I've just about finished my bottle of this and I need to write a full post on why this is such a great foundation, so whenever I remember to do that, look out for that! Barry M had a deal on that if you spent over £6 you got a free nail polish and annoyingly the foundation only came to £5.99 so I picked up the Loud Mouth lipgloss in "Tease" which is a deep red. I love these, they have amazing payoff and last such a long time. You do need a lip brush to apply it with but you get a neater finish that way anyway. 
I got the Barry M glitter nail polish for free in "Jingle Bells" which is so pretty and glittery, perfect for those holiday parties!

That was everything I brought for winter, I definitely don't need to go shopping for a while again! 
Anything nice you've brought recently?  Let me know in the comments!
xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment