Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014

So we've reached New Year's Eve and although in a few minutes I need to start getting ready to celebrate the end of the year with some of my closest friends, I wanted to put a few thoughts down on what has probably been one of the biggest years of my life.

2014 started with me being pretty unwell, lacking confidence and not really being sure where I would end up. I left therapy, only to find my anxiety got worst and my panic attacks became much more regular. March came and I got an offer from my dream uni, and for a few days I could relax. The end of my school days came around so quickly, with laughter, tears and a few (small) fights and before I knew it I was sitting my A Level exams. Around this time a lot of stuff was going on in my personal life (worst possible timing I know) but somehow I made it through and then it was summer.

Summer was one of the craziest times of my life, I had so much fun with so many amazing people, went to some incredible places, but there was also some frightening and horrible moments, and quite a few tearful train journeys. I also had the constant fear of result day and whether or not I would get into uni.

Finally, results day and my eighteenth came round on the 14th of August. Logging onto UCAS to see I had been accepted into my first choice uni was definitely the highlight of the year, and I have never felt so much relief. That was probably the best day of my life, spent with all the people I love so much and feeling so proud of all my friends.

Towards the end of summer, my confidence grew. I don't really know what it was, maybe it was getting into uni or maybe it was being 18 and a few eventful nights out but I felt so much better about myself.

Then uni came around and after a nerve wracking few first days I made some great friends and I have been having the time of my life ever since. Crazy that I've only been there 10 weeks and yet I'm so comfortable and happy there.

2014 has definitely had its ups and downs, and some bad and some good moments, but it's been amazing and I can't wait to see what 2015 brings.















Happy New Year everyone!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment