Tuesday 4 August 2015

Summer Make Up: Minimal

I find in Summer the last thing I want to do is wear a thick face of make up. Unless it's a special occasion and I really want to look nice, I tend to stick to concealer, powder, lashes and lips. These are my essentials for a bare faced look.



In order to keep my skin protected SPF is a must in Summer, considering I burn ridiculously easily and I don't want skin cancer thanks very much. I got this in a Latest in Beauty box and I love it. It doesn't leave my skin greasy at all and doesn't break me out at all. It leaves a matt finish so is perfect for applying make up over. Also at SPF 50+ I know my skin is safe from UV rays.

My favourite concealer ever. Concealer is lighter on your pores than foundation so I find a layer of this over any blemishes and dark circles gives me the coverage I need but feels like I'm wearing nothing. It isn't full coverage so it still leaves my skin looking natural but hides any imperfections. I will continue to repurchase this until Rimmel stops making it (but I pray that day never comes). 

 This powder whilst not full coverage at all and I definitely would not say replaces a liquid foundation, when buffed in over concealer makes my skin look pretty much flawless. It lasts on my skin for a while before I get oily again, and is small enough to slip in my handbag. The compact even has a mirror. Highly recommend, Rimmel really know how to make some decent make up. 

I find mascara really helps complete a make up look and makes me look much more awake, but for days when I really don't want to look like I'm wearing anything a clear mascara is my go to. Also I always rub my eyes (damn you hayfever) and so a clear mascara means I don't end up with black all over my face! This gives my lashes lift and curl just like any other mascara but looks completely natural. It's also only £1.99 which is a complete bargain and does such a good job. 


I'm not going to lie, I'm not a massive Zoella fan and I haven't purchased any of her products before, purely because none of them really appealed. However when I saw this lip balm in Superdrug for only £3 I figured why not give it a try? And I was pleasantly surprised. It's moisturising and gives really good pay off considering it's only a tinted lip balm. It gives a nice barbie pink tint to your lips that can be built up and has a nice fruity smell. Super easy to keep in your bag for days out, so if I'm bothering to put anything on my lips this is a great choice. 


So those are my very basic make up essentials for summer, what are yours? 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment