Friday 11 April 2014

Capital cities



I've been lucky enough to travel quite a lot in my short time on this planet, and some of my favourite places are capital cities of Europe! So I thought I'd share some photos...enjoy! 




Berlin! I took these photos in August 2010, on an amazing trip to Berlin. This city has so much history, even walking around you can seem remnants of the events that happened here. There's so much culture and things to see, and I can't wait to go back soon!




Rome! I went to Rome in July 2013, and I fell in love with it. I adore Italian cuisine, and the food did not disappoint. I would walk back to Italy for some more ice cream or pasta, even the pasta from the supermarket tasted insane. Food aside, the place itself is so beautiful. Even walking around, every street and plaza looks like something from a postcard. I also love Latin (which I studied at GCSE) and seeing all the sights such as the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, and Pantheon was so incredible. Rome, ti amo.



  PARIS!!! By far my favourite city on earth. I've only been twice, but being in Paris literally makes me feel like I'm home, like a part of me has been away for so long and I was finally where I belonged. The city is so so gorgeous, and the architecture and culture is just insane. (Also, is there anything better than French food?) Paris is also home to Victor Hugo and Disneyland, two of my absolute favourite things!  






And finally...my hometown, London. How I adore my city. It's just so beautiful. It's the place that has inspired art, music, literature, drama, and of course, let's not forget the 2012 olympics! I feel so lucky to be able to travel into London frequently, and I pray there will never be a day that I don't love Trafalguar Square, Covent Garden, Waterloo, Westminster, and all the other beautiful places to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment