Monday 19 May 2014

Book tag!

Tag: Questions About Books

I've wanted to do a post where I answer questions about books, so I thought a book tag would be perfect!
  1. What is your favourite book? If I had to pick one it would be "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green.
  2. Who is your favourite author? John Green, Mitch Albom, Jodi Picoult, Rainbow Rowell, Roald Dahl.
  3. What genre do you prefer? My favourite genre is probably Young Adult which is on par with Dystopia. 
  4. What is your favourite book series? The Hunger Games series or the Maze Runner series.  
  5. What books did you hate reading in school? I liked most of them, except I remember in Year 6 we were supposed to read Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo and I never finished it because I found it boring. 
  6. What is the first book you remember reading as a child? My first ever reading book that I was sent home from school with was a picture book with no words...but I think it would have to be the magic key books!
  7. Bookstores or libraries? Bookstores 100%.
  8. How many books do you own? Waaaay too many, probably over 400. 
  9. Do you read before bed? Yes.
  10. What is your most comfortable reading position? Curled up on my bed or on the sofa. I also really love reading on trains for some reason? 
  11. What is the most recent book you read? I recently finished "Trouble" by Non Pratt and I am currently reading "The Time of My Life" by Cecilia Ahern. 
  12. What quote from any book will you never forget?  The quote from My Sister's Keeper "I wanted to tell him to pick up that baby, and hang the stars and moon on her crib so she would never hurt her family like I would" or pretty much any quote from TFIOS. Literally, I can quote entire passages from that book. Is that lame? 
  13. Science Fiction or Fantasy? Science Fiction.
  14. What books do you regret reading? Hmmm. They say even bad books have been published, so you can learn something from the writers as they must have done something right. 
  15. How large is your bookshelf? Not big enough! I have one bookshelf by my door with five shelves and then one under my desk with two long shelves and they are overflowing. 
  16. On average, how many books do you read per year? I would say about 50? I'm really not sure. 
  17. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of? The Fault In Our Stars, My Sister's Keeper, 19 Minutes, Looking For Alaska, Hunger Games.
  18. Do you like to read outside? I like the idea of reading outside but in reality there is too much sun or too much wind or the clouds ruin everything and I can never get comfortable. So no. 
  19. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book? There is always hope. 
  20. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you’ve read? This is so hard because I have read so many amazing books over the last year! I'll say my top five- Stargirl, Maze Runner, How To Say Goodbye in Robot, How We Met and all the Mitch Albom books I've read this year. 
Hope you liked this!
Sorry the formatting is so weird I had to copy and paste the questions and yeah...it looks weird so sorry
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment