Monday 19 May 2014

London haul!

Last Saturday I took a break from revision and headed into London to spend some time with family to celebrate my younger cousin's 13th. This meant Mum and I could grab a quick hour browsing in Covent Garden.



The first place we headed to was Mac. I've never been to the Mac in Covent Garden before, and I'm not going to lie, it was quite an experience. It was a small shop space, but everyone in there was brutal! I think I saw fisty cuffs occurring near the blushers...no I'm kidding. But it was cramped and scary, and I knew what I wanted so I quickly asked a shop assistant and then we got the hell out. I picked up some of their brush cleaner, because I don't own anything to spot clean my brushes with, and I thought that on days I don't feel like deep cleaning and waiting for them to dry, this would be perfect! Also, at £10 it's not toooo expensive. 


Next was The Body Shop. I've been doing soo much online shopping recently with the Body Shop, and I wanted to check out some of the products in person. I picked up the concealer in number 2, which I actually really like! It looks quite orange (see swatch) but it blends really well. The only thing that puts me off is the lipstick-type way it comes. I would much prefer a wand because I feel like it's easier to apply! But I love this so I'll be quiet now. I also got a blush brush because it was right in front of me and it is sooo soft. You can never have too many of these brushes because they can be used for contouring, highlighting and blush! 


Finally, I went into Boots because I feel like all the foundations I have are much too orange. Maybe I've gotten more pale in the last two weeks, but I wanted something a little bit lighter so I headed to the Rimmel counter. 



I picked up the "Match Perfection" foundation in number 10 which is "light porcelain". It's much more liquidy that most my foundations, but it blends really nicely and I think I'm going to like it! I also picked up the Rimmel Sweetie Crush in Violet Swizzle because I love these nail varnishes sooo much! 












This isn't really beauty related, but look what Mum brought me in the Disney Store!!! 


 I think these are so cute and I just couldn't leave them there :( Look at their little smiley faces. I just want to squish them.

(From Toy Story 3 for all you non-Disney nutters out there)



So that's what I brought in London! If you've used or brought any of these products let me know what you thought of them in the comments!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment