Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day Out: Legoland

My little cousin is 7, and he is in that phrase that every little kid goes through where he is obsessed with lego (I remember this time of mine and my brother's life fondly, some of the best memories I have are of us playing with lego.)

My cousin and his parents live in Bahrain, due to my uncle's job, but they come to spend a few weeks in England over summer to see everyone and to get away from the sweltering heat! Yesterday (8/7/14) was their first full day and so before school's break up, my mum and I thought a trip to Legoland Windsor with my cousin and aunt would be a nice treat!

If any of you eat Kellogg's, they have vouchers on the side of their cereal boxes for 2 for the price of 1 tickets to many attractions. We had two of these, and I am so glad we did as otherwise tickets would have to come to just under £200 for the four of us (three adults, one child) but instead it was only £94 (still blimming expensive but not as bad!) so look out for those vouchers on your cereal!

I went to Legoland a few times as a child, but I haven't been since I was four so I was excited too! My cousin wanted to go to the driving school area and drive the cars first, so we headed over there. It was about 11:40 when we got there, and the queue was still about 20 minutes. Typical, the moment my cousin got on the car to drive off, it started pouring with rain! The minute he was done I asked one of the staff what the best indoor activities were, and got sent off to the ride Atlantis.  



This is basically a submarine ride where you get in and your submarine has windows. There's a lego voiceover with some story which I didn't really pay attention to- but you get to see some awesome fish! The whole thing is really pretty and has stingrays and sharks. (The little ones...the lego man did tell me what kind but I can't remember). Just before you get off there's a bit where you have to push buttons which my cousin loved! He liked it so much he wanted to do it again, and it's a really calming ride. Highly recommend!

Then we went over the knight bit, which has the dragon roller coasters. We rode the train one first which was very tame, and basically just goes round in a circle. Then we took my cousin on the tiny dragon one which he loved- it really doesn't go fast at all (my mum was still scared...oh dear) and is perfect for kids who want to go on rides but are too scared of the big ones.


Yes I took a sneaky photo of our ride photo...I'm a rebel.



Then we were getting hungry (well I was) and so we headed into the castle to the Chicken Rotisserie.  This basically serves chicken with a choice of sauce, a kids menu, jacket potatoes, that kind of thing. I got chicken with bbq sauce and chips and it was deeelicious. The restaurant wasn't too busy and it was pretty good value for money.

Then I wanted to go to LazerQuest which I saw on the map as a shooting type game. We headed over, and outside it said wait time 45 minutes. I assumed it was "from that point" as it wasn't that busy. The queue inside was pretty big, and Legoland are also sneaky in that they made it look like you were at the front of the queue and then you got led through another area for another ten minute wait! The ride itself was a lot of fun, you have to shoot things to get points but it was over soo quickly considering how long we waited. Sigh, it's always the way isn't it? Ah well.

Just outside there's a shop (as there always is) but also a drop ride, one of those ones that goes up and then drops? It was called Scarab Bouncers (or something like that) and it had no queue! It was very kid friendly and a good laugh.



After this my cousin wanted to go shopping, so Mum and I headed for one of the other little rides, which looked a bit like a ferris wheel (but a very small one). It was a bit jolty as the first time round you stop to let everyone on, but then you get two full rides round. Side note- can I just apologize to the guy running it who heard me say "oh crap are we going round again?" and said "yep, one more round!" I didn't mean it in a bad way! Oops :P 


                                         

Then we got on the train, which we thought would take us to a different point of the park. It didn't it took us round in a circle, but it was nice to see the whole park. Also, spoiler alert- this ride sprays water at you which I was NOT expecting. I had my iPhone in my hand. Not cool Legoland :|

Once we got off the train (where we started) we walked towards the pirate area, where their show was going on. It was actually quite entertaining, with lots of running and slapstick comedy. I was most impressed with the actors who jumped off the massive lighthouse into the water below. 


 We were heading to the exit when we saw the Firefighter ride which my cousin wanted to do- there was no queue so got on straight away. You basically have to work as a team to pump your fire engine to the end of the yard, then two people have to pump water whilst the other team mates put out the fire (shooting water through a hole) and then it's a race to the finish (more pumping). It was all very fast paced and funny and silly and very entertaining.

Finally we left, feeling absolutely shattered, but it was honestly a great day :)

I just thought it would be nice to document the day and share some photos!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment