Wednesday 2 July 2014

Summer make up essentials

I''ve been meaning to write this post for a while, but I haven't had the time until today. Plus, I've been doing so much shopping over the last few weeks that I keep discovering new goodies! However, the shopping has ceased now (my bank statement shot me back to reality) and I've got my summer make up bag sorted. So, these are the products I've been using and loving to create a light, radiant summer look!

Firstly is the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in light. Wearing foundation just feel too thick on my face in summer, and I can literally feel myself melting (not a nice feeling). I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation when I started browsing BB creams. This one claimed it would do all kinds of wonders, as well as having SPF 30. I brought it and started using it instantly, and I love it! I apply it either with a brush or a sponge, but it is so like a moisturiser that you could use your fingers to blend it in. It is so lightweight that it doesn't feel like your wearing anything, and obviously it doesn't have such a good coverage as a foundation would give, but it still covers blemishes and radiates your skin. It makes you look so glowy, that combined with highlighter and bronzer you look like you've spent all day out in the sunshine! I normally prefer the matt look with foundation, but with this BB cream I've been experimenting with the dewey look, as I think it looks much nicer to be glowing and radiant in summer than to be mattified.

Secondly is my Sleek Face Form Pallette in light, which is a blush, bronzer and highlighter in one. I've been using this for a while now, but it's recently come back as a staple in my everyday make up routine, particularly the blush and highlighter. The highlighter is really pinky, which makes your skin look lifted and glowing. The blush I haven't used much in the last few months, but it's perfect for when you don't want to look like you're wearing blush at all. It just gives a subtle pinky shimmer to add a bit of colour to your face and I love it.

Thirdly is the Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze. This is a beautiful little box with four shimmery bronze colours. The top colour is a really nice highlighter, that you can blend with with the second colour for a gorgeous colour. The colours are shimmery so for contouring etc I wouldn't really use them because no one wants shiney cheekbones (or maybe they do idk) but I just tend to put a light wash of this on my face and it makes me glow and look really bronzed!

Now for eyes. I like to try and keep my eye make up quite subtle and light, with no harsh tones or dark colours as I think summer is the time for paler, brighter colours! For eyeshadow, I have been using the Sleek palette in Au Naturel. These yellow and browns are perfect for creating a subtle everyday eyeshadow to lift and brighten your eyes. There's a mixture of matte and shimmery tones, and the eyeshadows are so pigmented it's unreal considering each palette is only around 7 pounds.


I also picked up the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadow in Pink Gold. This eyeshadow is the most beautiful colour ever. I apply it with my finger and it is sooo pigmented. It's not cheap, but for a good cream eyeshadow it's quite a good price. It stays on all day and is so easy to blend. I love this and I really want to buy some more!






I love my pencil eyeliners, particularly the body shop ones. For a softer summer look, I use the Body Shop eye definer shade in 02 which is "Rich Brown". This is amazing for any everyday look as it isn't too harsh. I would recommend any of the Body Shop eyeliners as they are amazing!









Finally, I use the Body Shop Born Lippy in Pomegranate. I do not suit red lipstick..at all. My two best friends will vouch for that! But using this makes your lips really soft, and gives a subtle pinky tone to your lips. I also love the pop art casing! Would definitely recommend any of the born lippy range from Body Shop.


So those are my summer make up essentials! Let me know if you've used any of these products and what you thought of them. Enjoy the sunshine!
xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment