Wednesday 27 August 2014

18th Birthday Celebrations


I turned 18 on the 14th of August. Woo!

Unfortunately, my 18th coincided with A Level results day which meant that it was either going to be the best day of my life or the worst. (For the record it was the best) 
Once my friends and I all found out our results (they all did AMAZINGLY and I am so proud of all my little geniuses) we went out to celebrate.

My best friend's family brought me a birthday cake at pre-drinks. How cute?!


No idea who these boys are that gatecrashed our slightly drunk selfie...


This meant I didn't have much time at all to celebrate with the family, so on Sunday the 24th we had a big family lunch at our house with all our friends and family to celebrate and catch up. 

We were SO lucky with the weather, it was beautifully sunny so we could all go and drink champagne in the garden. 

The highlight of the day for me was hundred percent my beautiful cake which was made by the amazingly talented Debi (her website is here) which was modelled as a huge stack of books, my favourite novels, a student cookbook and my school's yearbook. It also had some MAC make up, two little kitty cats, and an iPhone made of chocolate that had my actual phone case printed on it. 
AH-MAZING. 






The older brother, parents and myself


Me looking embarrassed at my dad's cringey speech

 My dress is from New Look and cardigan is from Primark!



These amazing cupcakes were made by my soon to be aunt (who recently got engaged, yay!) They looked SO gorgeous and tasted amazing! 

My grandma's first selfie! Three generations :) 

So those were my birthday celebrations!
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Belated happy birthday and congratulations on your A level results Alex! :) It looks like lots of fun! Your cake is absolutely stunning! Did it also taste good? I love both dresses your wearing, where did you buy the one with the hearts? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes it tasted amazing, it was chocolate with chocolate buttercream, mmmn. my dress with the hearts is also from new look! xxx

      Delete
    2. thank you! aah it sounds delicious! :) xx

      Delete