Thursday 7 August 2014

America shopping: beauty favourites

This is a very long overdue post considering I was back from America about three weeks ago..oops. But I wanted to use all the products I had brought and develop a genuine opinion as opposed to "I think this product I've used twice is really good!"

So here goes- my favourite beauty products that I brought in America!

First off, Wet N Wild lipsticks. I was in Walmart and was browsing all the American brands. I had heard of Wet N Wild a few times, but I was blown away by the prices. I brought two lipsticks for about a dollar each, and I honestly wish I had brought more :( They are really pigmented, give your lips an amazing finish and last for a pretty long time, I normally only have to touch up once or twice a day! 
The colour shown below is "Pink Ice" which is a pale pink with the slightest shimmer.




Whilst in America, I was keen to buy some MAC products as I knew it would be slightly cheaper (not by a lot but still) when I came across a shop called "Cosmetics Company" which is an outlet store that stocks MAC, Estee Lauder, and Bobbi Brown. I was so tempted by the other brands, but I knew I would end up spending way too much so I vowed only to stick to MAC. (However my Mum did buy herself some Estee Lauder goodie bags which I got some things she didn't want from- yay!) 

They had several beautiful mineralized eye shadows, which I just couldn't choose between, so I ended up buying two. Pictured below is "Tropica" and I also got "Dare to Bare". Tropica is such a lovely subtle purple colour. It is hard to get the blue to show up but I think with a more precise brush it could happen. It's so pigmented and stays on all day, and I am so pleased I got this! 


I also picked up a Mineralized Skinfinish in "Perfect Topping" after spending about an hour trying to decide which Skinfinish to pick. I am really pleased with this, and I tend to use it as a highlighter all over my face, and it gives a really soft peachy glow which is great for when you don't want really obvious highlighter all over your face. I also use this if I want a more subtle blush as it has really pretty pinky tones in it for your cheeks. 


Okay. I have completely fallen in love with Bath and Body Works, and I've already looked up overseas shipping costs. The entire shop smelled amazing and if it wasn't for the fact that I thought they would smash in my suitcase, I definitely would have brought some of their perfume and candles. Next time though! 

They had a deal on lip products, so I picked up the JellyPop in Watermelon, which I loved, until the lid came off in my bag and it went everywhere, leaving me to scrape the remnants into a small pot. Cries. I also brought this, which is a beautiful Marshmallow lipgloss. It smells SO GOOD. Like, I actually want to eat it. It smells like sweet, melted marshmallow mush. When you apply it to your lips it gives a nude shimmer with a glittery finish. It leaves your lips feeling so soft and I really want a Watermelon one of these. (I'm obsessed with anything Watermelon...) 



Finally, I brought a nail file. This probably doesn't sound very exciting but it is one of the best quality nail files ever, and it was only a few dollars from Walgreens. (also a store I fell in love with). As you can see it has a file, buff, shine and smooth, and I used this so much to get my nails back into perfect condition. It makes it super easy to get your nails filed to perfection and smooth. 




That's all my beauty faves from my America shopping, let me know if you have an similar favourites or if you've used any of these products!
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment