Saturday 9 August 2014

New York

The other night we had dinner with some family friends from California, and I met their 17 year old son. He asked if I had been to America and I said "Yeah I was in New York a few weeks ago!" "I'm sorry" he said which made me laugh ridiculous amounts. "No, no, I liked it!" "Oh really? Was it the warm and generous people?" *cue more laughter from my side of the table* "Or the clean streets?"

Okay maybe you had to be there.

But yeah I think he had a point. Mum and I were talking about New York after we were home and we agreed that whilst you were there it was busy and noisy and a bit overwhelming (and rainy- so. much. rain) but once you're home you forget all that and just remember the amazing sights and once in a life time views.

I would definitely head back to New York- I feel like there would be less pressure having seen most of the sights before and also hopefully less rain?! (Seriously, I'm from England, the land of rain and there was SO MUCH RAIN.) Anyway here are some of my favourite photos/moments from New York as I realised I haven't shared much from my trip.






New York Public Library. This was the first place we went, and it was so beautiful. They had an exhibit specifically about children's books, and the original Winnie the Pooh toys. How cute?!


The Statue of Liberty. The iconic statue was obviously a must see, and it's ridiculously stunning in real life. It's so much bigger in real life and seeing it on our first night just reminded me that we were actually in New York. 


9/11 Memorials. I was only 5 when the tragic events of 9/11 occurred, and I have obviously learnt more but being in New York and at Ground Zero taught me more than I ever knew. We will never forget. 



Central Park. I knew I wanted to see the John Lennon memorial, and my Mum wanted to see the Alice in Wonderland statue. The whole place felt like something out a film. 


Top of the Rock. Our photos came out not great due to the cloudy weather, but the view was incredible. Central Park is just a huge patch of green in the middle of a concrete jungle and you could literally see everything from there. 


Finally- New York City at night. It is just so bright. I'm used to a lot of lights in London, and it is NOTHING compared to New York. Again, it felt like being in a film. We were there when Germany won the World Cup, and the Empire State Building looked so cool.

Let me know your favourite places in New York!
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment