Friday 29 August 2014

If I Stay: film review

I first read If I Stay before I knew it was becoming a film, which I'm so glad because I had no pre-expectations and I didn't picture the characters as anything other than from my own imagination. When I saw the trailer I actually was really surprised- I never pictured Mia as blonde!




When my friends suggested a trip the cinema I begged them to come with me to see If I Stay. They agreed, and it was only released in the UK on the 29th (the day I'm writing this review) so I know not many people will have seen it yet.

I actually really enjoyed this. It was pretty true to the book and I'm so glad they kept the ending and events the same (this probably had something to do with the fact that Gayle Forman was a producer) and I liked the casting. I feel like Teddy had a smaller role than in the book and Adam had a much, much bigger one.

I will say that the film was much more centred around Adam and Mia as opposed to Mia and her family. Ah I suppose that's Hollywood tho right? I also think because the book is relatively short, there was a few additions which avid fans of the book may not like.

Having said all this it was a beautiful film which really tugged on the heart strings. Fans of the books won't be disappointed and I also have to mention the soundtrack- I will definitely be downloading it from iTunes!

Rating- 4/5

Have you seen If I Stay? What do you think? 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment